Welcome to AIMday Data for Manufacturing
The University of Edinburgh will host AIMday Data for Manufacturing on Tuesday 2 April 2019. This is the first in a series of data-themed AIMday events taking place at the University this year.
The event will focus on data challenges submitted in advance by companies and organisations within the manufacturing industry.
Academic Industry Meeting day, or AIMday™, is based on workshops where questions submitted by companies around a central theme are discussed with academics from relevant University disciplines.
One question, one hour, a group of academic experts: that is the AIMday format!
AIMday is an opportunity to:
- Understand the real needs of organisations and how these relate to your own research
- Discuss collaborations in various forms – e.g. joint programmes, commissioned research and PhD projects
- Meet researchers across disciplines to discuss issues of common interest
- Gain inspiration, knowledge and contacts that could benefit your research and teaching
- Make contacts within industry that can lead to collaborations
- Identify areas of common interest with organisations and other researchers for current and future objectives
Registration is now open for academics and researchers – please visit the List of Questions page to view the questions posed and then register for the ones of interest to you.
Please note that registration closes on Friday 22 March 2019. Registration is a binding commitment to attend the event.
Each question will result in a one-hour workshop, so please bear this in mind when registering and let us know of any time constraints you may have. We will do our best to accommodate these, but cannot guarantee the schedule up front.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Edinburgh.Innovations@ed.ac.uk.