Welcome to AIMday Fintech
AIMday Fintech held on Wednesday 28 November 2018 is designed to bring together companies and organisations with academics from the University of Edinburgh to address industry challenges related to financial technologies and innovation in financial services.
Academic Industry Meeting day, or AIMday™, is based on workshops whereby company questions are submitted around a central theme which are then discussed with academics from across the University disciplines.
Each question or challenge submitted by a company is tackled by a multi-disciplinary group of academics with the aim of finding pathways to solutions.
One question, one hour, a group of academic experts.
What the AIMday concept offers:
- Opportunities for innovation with company representatives
- Discussion on the financial sector’s capabilities and need for new knowledge
- Tailor-made workshops with industry that can lead to collaborations – e.g. joint programmes, commissioned research, and PhD programmes
- Networking with industry representatives and researchers across disciplines to discuss common areas of interest
- Understand the real needs of organisations and how these relate to your own research
- Identify areas of common interest with organisations and other researchers for current and future objectives
Registration is now open for academics and researchers – please go to the List of Questions page to view the questions posed and then register for the ones of interest to you.
Please note that registration closes on Friday 9 November 2018. Registration is binding.
Each question represents a one-hour workshop, so please bear this in mind when registering and let us know of any time constraints you may have. We will do our best to accommodate these, but cannot guarantee the schedule up front.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Edinburgh.Innovations@ed.ac.uk.