Welcome to AIMday Manufacturing
The University of Edinburgh will host AIMday Manufacturing on Wednesday 25 March 2020.
AIMday™ (Academic Industry Meeting day) is based on workshops where challenges submitted by participating companies around a central theme are discussed with academics from relevant university disciplines.
One question, one hour, a group of academic experts: that is the AIMday format!
AIMday is an opportunity to:
- Understand the real needs of organisations and how these relate to your own research
- Discuss collaborations in various forms – e.g. joint programmes, commissioned research and PhD projects
- Meet researchers across disciplines to discuss issues of common interest
- Gain inspiration, knowledge and contacts that could benefit your research and teaching
- Make contacts within industry that can lead to collaborations
- Identify areas of common interest with organisations and other researchers for current and future objectives
Registration is now open for academics and researchers – please visit the List of questions page to view the questions posed and then register for the ones of interest to you.
Please note that registration closes on Friday 13 March 2020. Registration is a binding commitment to attend the event.
Each question will result in a one-hour workshop, so please bear this in mind when registering and let us know of any time constraints you may have. We will do our best to accommodate these, but cannot guarantee the schedule up front.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Edinburgh.Innovations@ed.ac.uk.