Creating a Question
Questions that are concrete, clear (no abbreviations) and that could be discussed without secrecy, work best for the AIMday format. It is also recommended that at least two company representatives join a discussion around each of their question(s) in order for a better balance in the workshop.
Here are some examples of questions that were submitted by companies for a previous AIMday with focus on Big Data:
- How can human mobility analytics be used to minimize spread of deceases?
- Given a data set and a binary classification problem, what is the minimum sample we must take in order to determine the best shape or form the separating/kernel function, i.e. linear, quadratic, etc., for minimizing some error metric.
- How can real time analytics allow us to answer questions without examining a full data set?
- What kind of software or applications is available to support the analysis?
- Physical vs data driven models. What are the benefits/risks of the two and how can they be combined to improve accuracy?
- Data mining and autonomous vehicles. What are the possibilities?
A list of questions from previous AIMday events is available here.