For organizations: Solve your most pressing challenges
AIMday helps organizations connect with leading academic researchers. AIMday Water is an opportunity to:
- Explore solutions to your organization’s challenges and questions.
- Cultivate organization/academic collaborations for maximum real-world impact.
- Access state-of-the-art knowledge, ideas, technology and insights.
For researchers: Open up new avenues of research
AIMday helps researchers connect with external organizations and learn how their research relates to real-world needs. AIMday Water is an opportunity for faculty who are:
- Interested in building new partnerships in a specific area of research.
- Interested in connecting with other researchers working on similar channels.
- Identifying opportunities for their graduate students.
- Looking to learn more about the latest challenges organizations are facing.
- Looking at challenges from new angles and different perspectives.
The AIMday process
Step 1: Organizations pose questions
Organizations are invited to submit their industry challenges in the form of one or more questions and provide background information related to their question. One question submitted (or up to five) becomes the entrance ticket for an organization to attend, free of charge.
Step 2: Researchers sign up for questions
Questions are gathered and presented to researchers. The researchers decide which questions they would like to take part in discussing. Each question or challenge submitted by an organization is tackled by a group of academics across university disciplines, with the aim of finding a pathway to a solution.
Step 3: Matchmaking and formation of groups
The AIMday event organizer oversees the logistics and develops the day’s schedule, ensuring multidisciplinary expertise in each discussion group. For a question to be workshopped, a minimum number of researchers must be identified for the discussion.
Step 4: Workshops
Each question is discussed for one hour − no more, no less. The size of each workshop group is generally seven to 12 people. There is the option to participate in more than one workshop.
Step 5: Follow-up
Approximately a month after the AIMday event, organizers will follow up and offer organizations with assistance to get projects or other forms of collaborations started.